Welcome to the new 2017-2018 season
A very warm welcome to you all from Three Rock Rovers Club President!
Whether you are returning for another successful campaign, or joining the club for the first time: player, pavilion member, coach, manager, supporter, you are invited to join us in a significant year in our Clubs illustrious history!
• We will be 125 years old in 2018, and celebrations are being organised to mark this event
• Our men’s 1XI will participate in two European competitions, indoor and outdoor, having won the relevant national titles in Jan & May 2017 respectively.
- The indoor European championship is being held in Georgia in February 2018.
- The EHL tournament commences in October 2017 but Three Rocks involvement, as
winner of the EYHL Finals, is scheduled for Rotterdam in April 2018.
• We have an ambitious programme to replace the back pitch in the Summer of 2018
• Our membership is growing by leaps and bounds, including our Three Rock Rockets who proudly represented Ireland in August 2017 during the European Championships at which three other members of Three Rock Rovers partook, two as players with the men’s senior squad and one as an umpire in the women’s competition.
We also had members playing for Ireland at Under-16,18,21 and Masters!
We look forward to a very busy year, an enormous fundraising campaign – about which you will be hearing lots more! With this in mind, I appeal to every single member to join us to ensure that this ambitious programme is successful. Why do we need volunteers to help out at events? Because all these programmes cost money – money which we need to raise above the income from the members subscriptions.
Our aim is to continue to develop Grange Road as a first-class facility with excellent playing surfaces, changing facilities and a warm and welcoming clubhouse.
We put ourselves forward to host provincial and national tournaments to that end, so that we can make a profit from entry fees, or from catering and bar facilities. We can’t do this unless we have sufficient volunteers to be stewards, help behind the bar, with the catering, etc.
Another approach is to suggest to you all, if you are planning a family celebration – why not hold it in the TRR clubhouse?
You will hear lots more about our plans as the season kicks off – so enjoy the hockey, AND the opportunity to help bring this club forward to the next level!
Check out the online TRR newsletter – if you are not in receipt of it, let the Club Secretary know and you will be added to the list.
Looking forward to meeting you during the year!
Pauline Corrigan, Club President.
Updated 21:07 - 29 Mar 2018 by Jack McCann