Hockey Ireland Update
Hockey Ireland’s Covid-19 Group met today to discuss the recent announcements regarding
Covid-19 restrictions made by the Irish (ROI) Government and the Northern Irish (NI)
The following changes have been made to Hockey Ireland Covid-19 guidelines:
(Please note: These restrictions do not apply to Irish Senior International squads under Sport Ireland’s elite exemption)
1. As per Level 3 guidelines, adults in ROI will be allowed to return to non-contact
training with immediate effect. Training must be in pods of maximum 15 (including
coaches/managers) and socially distanced at all time.
2. Competition/matches may not be played at any level.
For All Ireland Competitions:
1. Hockey Ireland’s principle of all clubs competing on a level basis in relation to Covid19 restrictions remains in place.
2. No All-Ireland hockey competition (EYHL1, EYHL2 or Cups) will start until a 4-week
lead-in period has passed that would start from the point in time that training is
allowed on the entire island of Ireland.
3. Training for EYHL clubs will be allowed if permitted under the Government rules but
this will be reviewed once the current period of lockdown for Northern Ireland has
passed on December 11th
Congratulation to the Junior Section on running such a successful fundraiser last weekend in the Club for the Peter McVerry Trust. The whole Junior section, players, parents, coaches and committee, showed their huge generosity in the haul that was gathered at training sessions over the 3 days!
You can see the video footage of the haul here: https://fb.watch/28YsAoxzJk/
Christmas Trees are currently on sale up at Grange Road, in the front car park! If you’re looking for a tree for this year look no further than Three Rock Rovers!
It would be great to see as many people as possible purchase their tree at Grange Road as not only are you shopping local but you will also be supporting the Club as some of the money earned will go to the Club!
The more the merrier as they say!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions